The safety of our staff, customers and community is paramount to us.
As a result of COVID-19, Vic’s Meat will be adhering to and following all relevant advice and instructions handed down by our State and Federal Governments.
We have always maintained the strictest levels of personal hygiene and food safety at Vic’s Meat, and have implemented a number of additional measures to help mitigate any potential spread of COVID-19.
These measures include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Staff have been advised to stay home if they experience or showcase flu-like symptoms.
- Staff will be have their personal temperature recorded at the start and end of every shift. If they record a higher temperature than the average, that staff member will be directed to leave the facility and seek medical attention.
- We have identified high contact surfaces across our facility and delivery fleet. All staff have been instructed to treat and sanitise these areas no less than three (3) times per day.
- Staff have been instructed to wash their hands on a frequent and routine basis throughout their shift.
- Staff have been provided with no-rinse food grade sanitiser for their hands and high contact surfaces.
- Our drivers will be supplied fresh, clean uniforms daily.
- Our drivers are required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the duration of their shift. They will load and deliver all orders wearing a face mask and disposable gloves.
- All orders will be delivered in a Vic’s Meat vehicle that has been cleaned and maintained to the standards set out by the NSW Food Authority.
- Our drivers will not engage in any physical contact with customers throughout the delivery process.
- Our drivers will require a digital signature for proof of delivery. All hardware required to complete this process will be sanitised at every delivery stop.